This smooth and creamy white chocolate buttercream is perfect for all of your favorite cakes and cupcakes! You'll want this silky frosting on everything!
- 250g soft unsalted butter ( half salted half unsalted)
- 600g icing sugar ( sieved)
- 200g melted White choc
- 1/4 tap vanilla
- 2 tbsp previously boiled water
Here are a few of my favorite tips and tricks on making your white chocolate buttercream smooth and delicious every time! You’re sure to put together an impressive dessert!
- Soften Butter: The key to smooth buttercream is to soften your butter before mixing it in. If your butter is too hard, it may create lumps when mixed. Just make sure your butter isn’t melted- this can make your buttercream turn out soupy and thin.
- Using Clear Vanilla: If you want that perfect white color for your cakes and cupcakes, use clear vanilla instead of dark vanilla extract.
- Add Sugar Slowly: To avoid having to correct your buttercream consistency, add powdered sugar in slowly until you reach your desired thickness.
- Don’t Overmix: Only mix your buttercream together until smooth. Overmixing can cause your frosting to fill up with air bubbles.
- Use With: I love pairing white chocolate buttercream with chocolate cake and cupcakes for all the chocolate-y flavor! This frosting also tastes great (and looks amazing) on white cake. Really, because the flavor is so versatile, you can use white chocolate buttercream on any cake you’d like!
Storing Leftover Frosting Tips：
White chocolate buttercream is great for storing and making ahead of time! Here’s how to keep this tasty frosting on hand for all of your baking needs.
- In the Refrigerator: In an airtight container, your white chocolate buttercream will keep for up to 5 days.
- In the Freezer: Your frosting can be stored in an airtight container for 2-3 months. Let thaw overnight in the fridge before using.